Argentinean Chimichurri is a delightful tart-herby sauce that makes meat sing! The depth of flavor of this Mariposa Ranch Skirt Steak is perfect for this sauce. The steak cooks quickly over hot coals to medium-rare. Slice it across the grain and pour on the pour on sauce- So delicious!
The recipe serves approximately 4 people. Prep time ~30 minutes; Cook time ~ 5 minutes; Rest time ~15 minutes
- 2 pounds (4 packages) Mariposa Ranch Skirt Steak.
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper.
- 3/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar.
- 1 ¼ tsp. Kosher Salt.
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced.
- 1 ¼ Shallot, chopped.
- 1 ¼ Jalapeno, chopped.
- 2 ½ cups Cilantro, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup flat-leaf Parsley, chopped.
- ½ cup Oregano, chopped.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- Season Steak lightly with Salt.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Dry steak well, season again with Salt & Pepper.
- Cook over hot coals until meat is lightly charred - medium-rare, 2 minutes each side.
- Remove from heat, cover with foil allow the meat to rest for 15 minutes.
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- In a bowl, add red wine vinegar, kosher salt, garlic, shallot, and jalapeño.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro, parsley, oregano, and olive oil.
To serve - Slice steak across the grain and serve with chimichurri sauce.