You know what's great about this summer stew recipe - you can literally throw whatever veggies you have in your home or garden into the crockpot with your stew meat and have a delicious and healthy meal!
Prep. Time: 15 minutes ~ Cook Time: 6 hours
Servings: 6 servings
2-pounds (2 packages) of Mariposa Ranch Stew Meat
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons flour (or flour substitute)
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 & 1/2 cups broth
- 2-3 small zucchinis, chopped
- 1-2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1-2 red bell peppers, chopped
- chopped fresh basil for garnish
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Place olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat on the stove-top. (If using Instant Pot, place oil in the pot and use Saute mode).
- Toss beef with flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until all the pieces all equally coated.
- Add beef to the hot pot and brown on all sides, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer beef and all its juices to the crockpot. (or leave in Instant Pot)
- Add garlic, bay leaf, shallots, tomato paste, and broth to the crockpot. Stir to combine and set for 5 hours on low heat.
- Add zucchini and peppers 30 minutes before the timer is up (after 4.5 hours of cooking), stir gently to combine, and continue cooking with the lid on for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and parmesan cheese and serve with your favorite side!
**If cooking in the instant pot, use the Stew/Soup setting and pressure cook for 30-minutes. Let steam release naturally for 15-minutes, then manually release the remaining steam. Add the zucchini and peppers and let them stew till they reach your desired crispness. (Or you can cook the zucchini and peppers on the stove or grill and add them at the end.)**