Barbacoa Beef is a delicious medley of spices and chipotle peppers from Mexico. Cooking low & slow is the trick that delivers a juicy, fall-apart tender meal. Using a slow cooker allows time to infuse all of these fabulous flavors easily.
Barbacoa Beef Brisket
From the kitchen of @thewholejan
Prep Time ~ 10 minutes. Cook Time ~ 10-12 hours. Serves ~ 4
- 2-3 pound (1-2) Mariposa Ranch Grass-Fed Brisket Roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Mexican dried oregano
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Add all ingredients to the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add brisket and gently stir together.
- Cook on low 10-12 hours until meat is tender and can shred easily with a fork.
- Remove brisket and shred.
- Pour liquid from the slow cooker into a bowl and allow fat to rise to the surface, skim fat.
- Place the brisket back in the slow cooker along with the strained juice. This is delicious served over roasted cauliflower, stuffed into tortillas, or on a salad “Chipotle”-style.
Although I am a brand new customer I wanted to Thank You for sharing, and allowing us to be on board in healthier better options as in grass feed meat with no harmful hormones, GMOs or steroids. Thank you for your hard work so we can get on the road to eating healthier. Also mentioning finally finding better meat choices here in the CA, USA. What happened in the US? I wish I would’ve have researched local family ranches years ago. It took me until in my 60s to realize what our food conglomerates were doing.
Know that you are the happy in the sad state of affairs the USA is in while other countries don’t have preservatives in food. Our Goverment needs to seriously put back the F in the FDA. Can wait to try the meat, I will be posting again.