Barbacoa Beef is a delicious medley of spices and chipotle peppers from Mexico. Cooking low & slow is the trick that delivers a juicy, fall-apart tender meal. Using a slow cooker allows time to infuse all of these fabulous flavors easily.
Barbacoa Beef Brisket
From the kitchen of @thewholejan
Prep Time ~ 10 minutes. Cook Time ~ 10-12 hours. Serves ~ 4
- 2-3 pound (1-2) Mariposa Ranch Grass-Fed Brisket Roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Mexican dried oregano
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Add all ingredients to the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add brisket and gently stir together.
- Cook on low 10-12 hours until meat is tender and can shred easily with a fork.
- Remove brisket and shred.
- Pour liquid from the slow cooker into a bowl and allow fat to rise to the surface, skim fat.
- Place the brisket back in the slow cooker along with the strained juice. This is delicious served over roasted cauliflower, stuffed into tortillas, or on a salad “Chipotle”-style.