Tenderized Cube Steaks from Mariposa Meats are full of flavor, tender, and perfect every time Whole 30, Paleo, Keto, and pure deliciousness approved.
Prep time - Less than 30-minutes, start to plate. Serves 4 Recipe from Jan Lindquist (@thewholejan)
- 4 Mariposa Ranch Grass-fed Cube Steaks (2 packages)
- 1/3 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Red pepper flakes [optional]
Mushroom & Onion Gravy:
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado or Olive Oil plus 1 Tbsp. Butter or Ghee
- 8 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 1 and 1/2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Stoneground, Dijon, or brown Mustard.
- 1 tsp. Arrowroot Flour
- 1 Tbs. Water
- Combine seasonings with arrowroot in a shallow plate.
- Coat cube steaks on both sides with mixture, shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high.
- Add 2 - 3 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil to pan.
- Cook steaks 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to a plate & cover with foil.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. Oil plus 1 Tbsp. Butter or Ghee.
- Add sliced onions. Saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms, beef broth, and mustard to the pan - simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix arrowroot with water to make a slurry, add to the pan, and simmer for 1 additional minute.
- Return cube steaks to the pan. Cover and cook on low for 5 minutes.