Chipotle + Coffee Rubbed Maripos Ranch Grass-Fed Beef London Broil
London Broil can take a bold rub and this one doesn't disappoint! Make a simple rub using pantry ingredients, allow the flavors to do their magic, and then it’s ready for the grill. For a tender steak - don’t overcook. Medium rare is best. Allow meat to rest at least 10 minutes, then slice thinly across the grain.
(this serves approximately 4 people and takes around 60 minutes from start to finish)
- 2 Tbsp ground coffee
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chili powder [sub smoked paprika for less heat]
- 1 tsp. ground cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- Olive oil
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Pat meat dry and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle seasoning generously, making sure to cover all sides of the meat. Press rub into meat.
- Let the meat sit for at least 15-minutes to allow it time to absorb the flavors of coffee, chocolate, and chipotle before grilling.
- Grill to preferred doneness. For this recipe, I grilled it on our Weber using indirect heat due to the thickness of the London broil [Use a meat thermometer to determine doneness. For medium rare-internal temperature 130-135 degrees].
- After taking the meat off the grill, tent the meat with foil and allow it to rest for 15 minutes, then slice thinly across the grain.
**For a tender steak - don’t overcook. Medium rare is best.