Everyone loves tacos, right? At least most of the people I know like tacos. We have tacos at least once a week in our household, they're quick, easy, delicious, and can be fairly healthy, depending on how you make them. Here's a recipe I like to use in our household on Taco Tuesdays! I hope you enjoy it.
(this serves approximately 4 people and takes around 30 minutes from start to finish)
What you need:
- 8 or 16 (if you like to double) corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (we like to use olive oil from our friends @burroughs.family.farms)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb Mariposa Ranch 100% grass-fed & grass-finished ground beef
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper (or to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
How to cook:
- I prefer to use our large cast-iron skillet. Heat it over medium heat, add the olive oil, then the diced onion.
- Cook onions for 5-7 minutes until they start to look translucent.
- Add the ground beef and break it up into smaller pieces as it cooks for a few minutes.
- Mix in the tomato sauce and spices.
- Let the mixture cook on medium or medium-low for 8-10 minutes.
- When the meat has cooked through, set it aside and cover it with a lid to keep the mixture warm.
- Prepare the sides and toppings you want with your meat
- Assemble your tacos, eat, enjoy, and repeat as many times as needed!